We will connect “Best Practice” Programs with local educators and business and community leaders, linking two key statewide efforts:
We will focus on education improvement and career development that provides essential and relevant skills to better prepare students for careers – becoming more productive, contributing citizens in their local communities.
We will work hand-in-hand with Nebraska business leaders and connect student talent requirements with the education system in order to build a more robust environment for Nebraska businesses and communities to grow – creating opportunities for ALL citizens to be successful.
Facilitate Collaboration of Stakeholders
Influence the Effective Use of Philanthropic, Private
and Public Resources
Identify and Support Demonstrated
Establish Performance and Result
Indicators to Measure Success
Effective and Continual 21st Century
Build Strong Business to
High Skills Talent Development
Advocate for Public Policy to
Encourage 21st Century
in Education and
21st Century Skills Development and Assessment
Business and Philanthropic Involvement
Advocate for Public Policy to Improve Educational Outcomes
• Jeff Schmid (Board Chair), Omaha, Chairman/CEO of Mutual of Omaha Bank;
• Greg Adams, York, Executive Director of the Nebraska Community College Association and former Speaker of the Legislature;
• Dr. Ken Bird, Omaha, President/CEO of Avenue Scholars Foundation and former superintendent of Westside Community Schools;
• W. Todd Johnson, Omaha, Global Channel Leader of Entrepreneurship and Job Creation at Gallup;
• Catherine Lang, Omaha, Executive Director of the Nebraska Business Development Center and former Nebraska Commissioner of Labor and Director of Economic Development;
• Jeff Scherer, Beemer, Scherer Land & Cattle;
• Dan Shundoff, Kearney, CEO and President of Intellicom; and
• Gloria Thesenvitz, Grand Island, Founder and President of Nova-Tech, Inc.
We want to hear from you to listen and understand where gaps can be filled and local needs met. If you have input or ideas you would like to share, please call or send us an email.
Kris Valentin | Interim Executive Director
kris.valentin@accelerateNE.org | Office: (402) 991-5532